Google Reveals New Image Ranking Signal, Inclusive Schemahttps://searchengineland.com
- Google Will Soon Bring Ability To Remove Results About You In Search Via The Google App
- Google Reveals New Image Ranking Signal, Inclusive Schema
- Google’s New My Ad Center Will Let You Control Advertising By Topic And Brand
- About This Result Comes To Google App As An Overlay When You Vist Websites
- Google Multisearch and Scene Exploration Will Change How People Search for Things Online
- Google I/O Search Console Update: New Report For Indexed Videos
Google said it will soon incorporate a new signal into image ranking. Google is also introducing a new type of schema in an attempt to help make its image search results more racially diverse and inclusive.
Google said it will be adjusting how it ranks images, using what is called the Monk Skin Tone (MST) Scale. It is a 10-shade scale.
Google said that creators, brands and publishers can use a new type of schema – inclusive schema – to label their content with attributes like skin tone, hair color and hair texture. Using this schema will help Google better understand what appears within the images.
You can read the full announcement about how Google plans to improve skin tone representation here.