Get the latest breaking news and trends about social media with our social media newsletter. Stay updated on what is new in the world of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more and outrank your competition on social media.
Get daily dose of marketing news in quick TL;DR style.
tldrMarketing is an essential newsletter for SEOs of any level. It finds and filters out the news that really captures my attention from SERP changes, plugin upgrades, CMS changes and algorithm updates. Now that our whole team have subscribed, it's become a pivotal point of discussion to make sure we're as close to changes that can preempt client issues. No one likes empty emails in their inbox - this is the one newsletter that never goes unread.
thursday 1 Oct 2020 Web Stories2020-10-01
Pinterest is introducing more places for retailers to promote Pins and showcase ads, this includes Pinterest Lens, which unlocks the power of visual search by allowing people to find similar results to what they capture through the Pinterest camera and in Pins. According to them, three of their most highly trafficked and visible places to shop – Lens, the shop tab in search, and shopping on Pins (coming soon) – can now include ads.
With new conversion insights in the U.S., Pinterest Verified Merchants and Shopify retailers can easily see the impact of both their paid and organic Pinterest content on their site visits and checkouts.
They are bringing shopping inspiration to the UK. With the launch of these features, UK Pinners will be able to shop within a home or fashion Pin, shop their search results, from their boards and shop the inspiration they see in the real world through Lens camera visual search. They’ll also be able to get inspiration from Shopping spotlights, which are expert-selected shoppable content curated with publishers and creators.
Facebook is merging Messenger chat service with Instagram, Instagram’s old direct messaging service, Instagram Direct, has been replaced by Messenger, allowing users to send chats, photos and videos between the two platforms. They also announced a few other features like
- Watch Together: Enjoy watching videos on Facebook Watch, IGTV, Reels (coming soon!), TV shows, movies, and more with friends and family during a video call.
- Vanish Mode: Choose a mode where seen messages disappear after they’re seen or when you close the chat.
- Selfie Stickers: Create a series of boomerang stickers with your selfie to use in conversation.
- Chat Colors: Personalize your chats with fun color gradients.
- Custom Emoji Reactions: Create a shortcut of your favorite emojis to react quickly to messages from friends.
- Forwarding: Easily share great content with up to five friends or groups.
- Replies: Respond directly to a specific message in your chat and keep the conversation flowing.
- Animated Message Effects: Add visual flair to your message with animated send effects.
- Message Controls: Decide who can message you directly, and who can’t message you at all.
- Enhanced Reporting and Blocking Updates: Now you can report full conversations in addition to single messages on Instagram, and receive proactive blocking suggestions across Instagram and Messenger when you add your accounts in the new Accounts Center.