Get daily dose of marketing news in quick TL;DR style.
tl;dr Marketing provides a really succinct overview of the essentials, including the latest updates on social media, SEO, paid media marketing and more. This daily newsletter comes highly recommended if you’re looking to protect your focus while still wanting to keep on top of the latest industry trends and changes.
friday 17 September 2021 Web Stories2021-09-17
Facebook Integrates Vimeo Create into Business Suite to Facilitate Video Creationsocialmediatoday.com
Vimeo Create enables simplified video creation and editing, and includes a range of social media templates and tools to help optimize your video content, and even create videos from still assets. Vimeo Create also includes graphic and text overlays, transitions, royalty-free music and other options.
Looks like Google might be running a test where they show image thumbnails in PAA results.
Cloudflare Announce Support For Early Hint To Potentially Improve Website Load Times By 30%blog.cloudflare.com
Cloudflare has just announced support for Early Hints, which dramatically improves browser page load performance and reduces thumb-twiddling time. It’s available on all plans.
SEO Test Shows Improvement In Organic Traffic When Adding Internal Links to Home Page Footersearchpilot.com
This case study shows a positive impact on organic traffic by introducing more internal links to the home page footer.
The original footer section contained 30 internal links to categories related to the current page. They incorporated a new version of the footer for variant pages of our test, which contained over 100 internal links. To account for all the extra links, minor CSS changes were made to decrease the font-size of the links.
The desktop version of the website was significantly positive at 95% with 10% uplift. Mobile, on the other hand, was only positive at 90% confidence, yielding a 5% uplift.
A collection of common UX patterns optimized for Core Web Vitals. This collection includes patterns that are often tricky to implement without hurting your Core Web Vitals scores. See how to implement common UX patterns in a way that is Core Web Vitals friendly. Includes carousels, fonts, banners, infinite scroll, & more.
Dr. Peter J. Meyers from Moz analysed over 50,000 title tags to understand the impact of Google’s rewrite update. HEre are some of the things he noticed
- Removing double-ups
- Shuffling the brand
- Last things first
- plus more
Looks like more users are getting access to the podcast feature on Facebook pages.
Google My Business now has a Latino-Owned attribute that business owners can opt into. If it’s like some of the other attributes it could be region locked to USA for now.
Museletter comes from Area 120, Google’s in-house incubator credited with creating everything from Pinterest clones to hybrid livestream apps with built-in funding. Tackling newsletters seems to be an obvious follow-up target, but Museletter has some extra features that set it apart from its rivals, thanks to Google’s backing. Instead of learning a new tool, Area 120’s latest project allows you to craft a public profile for your Drive account, publishing any file directly from anything saved online right to a dedicated email list.
Museletter is now open in early access, but you’ll need to request an invite to get in.
Facebook Announces New Business Connection Tools, Including Ability to Seperate Work and Personal Accountssocialmediatoday.com
Today, Facebook has announced a raft of new tools to help businesses establish more direct connection with prospective customers, with a specific focus on personalized messaging, while it’s also looking to improve business discovery, and provide new management options to better facilitate business activity and reach.
- Facebook is launching new click-to-message ad options, which will expand your capacity to engage with customers in different messaging apps.
- Facebook will also now enable businesses to add a WhatsApp click-to-chat button to their Instagram profile.
- Facebook’s also testing a new option called ‘Work Accounts’, which will enable businesses managers to utilize Facebook’s ad tools via a separate profile to their personal log-in.
- plus a lot more
Twitter’s creator platform Super Follows is off to an inauspicious start, having contributed to somewhere around $6,000 in U.S. iOS revenue in the first two weeks the feature has been live, according to app intelligence data provided by Sensor Tower. And it’s made only around $600 or so in Canada. A small portion of that revenue may be attributed to Ticketed Spaces.