Pinterest Talks About The Evolution Of Visual Search On Their Platformhttps://medium.com
Pinterest has shared some new insights into user search activity as part of an overview of how its search system works, and how it has evolved over time to provide more accurate matches.
Here are some of the highlights:
- there are now more than 5 billion searches on Pinterest every month.
- searches for outfits, vacations, and home renovations are at all-time highs, and searches for weddings have presumed pre-pandemic levels.
- Gen Z, the number of searches per Pinner have increased 31% YoY, while the number of searches within the audience has nearly doubled (+96%) YoY.
- When it comes to shopping, product searches grew more than 20x YoY (at the end of Q1).
- They talk about computer vision-powered visual search and how that si where the future of search lies.