Schema.org Fast-Tracked New Vocabulary like SpecialAnnouncement, eventAttendanceMode, Etc and Google Supports Them in SERPshttps://webmasters.googleblog.com
Schema.org published Schema.org 7.0, which includes fast-tracked new vocabulary to assist the global response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
New vocabularies include:
Google was quick to adopt some of these, eg: you can set
- eventStatus to use EventCancelled if the event has been cancelled
- eventStatus to use EventPostponed if the event has been postponed (but the date isn’t known yet)
- eventStatus to use EventRescheduled if the event has been rescheduled to a later date
- eventStatus to use EventMovedOnline if the event has been rescheduled to a later date
- location to the VirtualLocation and eventAttendanceMode to OnlineEventAttendanceMode for online-only events
Note: You can start using VirtualLocation and eventAttendanceMode even though they are still under development on Schema.org.