Google Is Going to Shut down Structured Data Testing Tool in Favour of Rich Results Testhttps://webmasters.googleblog.com
- Google Is Going to Shut down Structured Data Testing Tool in Favour of Rich Results Test
- Google Will Migrate Structured Data Testing Tool To Live On schema.org
- Schema.Org Markup Validator Is Now Live (Beta)
Google has just announced that the Rich Results Test fully supports all Google Search rich result features and is out of beta. They also announced their plans to shut down Structured Data Testing Tool. One big change here is that SDTT supports all structured data testing not just the ones that Goole supports in search while the Rich Results Test just works for the structured data supported by Google.
This sucks. They have not set a date for pulling the plug on SDTT I sincerely hope they reconsider or bring these feature over to RRT tool.
Some alternatives to consider are:
- Bing’s Markup Validator (you need to be signed in to Bing WMT)
- Classy Schema Visualisation
- Our favourite ?
Another issue was noticed by Valentin Pletzer, for non AMP pages the RRT does not report on NewsArticle a Google supported markup, it’s possibly just bug. It works fine on AMP URLs.
too bad that Google decided to deprecate the Structured Data Testing Tool. Maybe I am using it wrong but the Rich Result Test seems nowhere near as useful. @googlewmc @JohnMu pic.twitter.com/0RZFWPiGTf— Valentin Pletzer (@VorticonCmdr) July 7, 2020