GMB Updates the Guidelines for Service Area Businesses & Virtual Officeshttps://www.sterlingsky.ca
There were a number of changes to the Google My Business guidelines article recently, the following info was added:
- Businesses can’t list a virtual office unless that office is staffed during business hours.
- Storefront vs service-area businesses. If your business doesn’t have a storefront with clear signage but travels to customers at their physical locations, you’re allowed one service-area Business Profile. If you’re a service-area business, you should hide your business address from customers. For example, if you’re a plumber and run your business from your residential address, clear the address from your Business Profile.
The article specific to service area businesses was also updated.
- Service area businesses may only create one profile for the metropolitan area they serve.
- If your business doesn’t have permanent on-site signage, it’s not eligible as a storefront and should be listed as a service-area business.
- The boundaries of your overall area shouldn’t extend farther than about 2 hours of driving time from where your business is based.
- and more