Saijo George

Curated by Saijo George

Read more

thursday12 May 2022

Core Web Vitals Study 2022

https://www.advancedwebranking.com

This study analyzed 3 million web pages from the top 20 Google search results to answer the following questions:

  • Does web page performance matter for ranking in Google organic search?
  • Which of the Core Web Vitals metrics correlate with first page search engine rankings?

Some of their finds include

  1. The higher the ranking in Google, the lower the LCP metric is.
  2. 39% of analyzed web pages passed the Core Web Vitals metrics, while the other 61% were below the threshold.
  3. 80% of the pages that pass Core Web Vitals on Desktop also pass them on Mobile.
  4. The Core Web Vitals is a ranking factor, but it’s not as important as links, content, or search intent.

Check out the report here.

SEO


I love tl;dr Marketing because I can get all the latest SEO news and trends in one spot without having to read lengthy articles. I really look forward to the daily emails to see what's new in our industry!

Bing Wikipedia Box In Search Results Now Scrolls On Hover 1 - SEO News

Ryan Mews SEO Manager Merkle