Mobile Game Ad Revenues Increased By 59% During the Coronavirus Pandemichttps://create.unity3d.com
The report’s findings stem from a cross-platform study focused on COVID-19’s impact on consumer gaming for the period from January 1 to mid-May 2020 as compared to the same period in 2019. The data in the report was sourced globally from mobile games that deploy Unity’s monetization platform as well as games made with Unity for PC and mac OS, Android, and iOS, and Unity’s deltaDNA.
Key report findings include:
- More people are playing than ever, with a 46% daily active user increase in HD gaming and 17% increase in mobile gaming
- Weekend and weekday differences in gaming behavior narrowed globally by 63%
- Microtransactions have grown, with In-App Purchase (IAP) Revenue growth for mobile games increasing by 24% since the pandemic was declared
- Mobile gaming ad impressions increased by 57% and ad revenues increased by 59% for the weeks following March 8, 2020 as compared to the timeframe in 2019
- Mobile gamers are installing more apps than ever, with the number of installs increasing by 84%