Google Updates Search Quality Raters Guidelines On October 14thhttps://www.seroundtable.com
Google has just updated the Search Quality Raters Guidelines PDF. The last time it was updated was on December 5, 2019. The new date on this document is October 14, 2020. It has been expanded from 168 pages to 175 pages.
Thankfully there is a new “change log” section on the final page. Here are the changes:
- Added note to clarify that ratings do not directly impact order of search results
- Emphasized ‘The Role of Examples in these Guidelines’ as an independent section in the introduction
- Added clarification that Special Content Result Blocks may have links to landing pages; added illustrative example
- Updated guidance on how to rate pages with malware warnings and when to assign the Did Not Load flag; added illustrative examples
- Changed the order of Rating Flags section and Relationship between Page Quality and Needs Met section for clarity
- Added ‘Rating Dictionary and Encyclopedia Results for Different Queries’: Emphasizes the importance of understanding the user intent and query for Needs Met rating; added illustrative examples
- Minor changes throughout (updated examples and explanations for consistency; simplified language regarding raters representing people in their locale; fixed typos; etc.)
You can get the PDF here.